A cloud-native system that empowers marketers with machine learning and automation, providing tools like customer segmentation, churn prediction, intelligent product & offer recommendations, and an email automation module integrated with SendGrid. Built with ML.NET, Elasticsearch, MS SQL, .NET Core, Docker, Blazor and SignalR.
(Open source) An open-source port of floyalty.io's back-end. Distributed ML for eCommerce platforms (recommendations, churn prediction, segmentation) written in Scala, using Spark MLlib, elastic4s, and AWS S3.
(Open source) A generic wrapper for common Elasticsearch operations, such as writing, finding, searching, listing and paginating documents. Uses Nest & Elasticsearch.Net.AWS, and includes ILogger support
(Open source) A generic API utility which aims to expedite integration with third-parties. Includes ILogger support
Core full-stack engineer for iTrak, an Incident Reporting and Risk Management System used by casinos, hotels, law enforcement agencies, and universities across North America. Responsibilities include migration of legacy modules, fixing critical security vulnerabilities (OWASP/SANS), UI/UX enhancements, significant performance optimizations, architectural design, and Azure cloud migration (SaaS).
- Introduced server-side caching within the data layer to significantly improve performance
- Implemented ‘Dark Mode’ for iTrak (Incident Reporting and Risk Management System)
- Participant in architectural design meetings (frontend technology discussions, backend integration between multiple systems, Azure cloud)
- Aided in the construction of the Azure CI/CD pipeline with PowerShell
- Fixed critical vulnerabilities found by penetration testers and worked closely with OLG (OWASP & SANS)
- Lead for the eCommerce website, including many UI/UX enhancements (new checkout experience, store hours UI, Instacart and JoeyCo integration)
- During COVID pandemic, lead the effort to optimize the system’s performance to take it from handling 700 page views per minute to over 2500 page views per minute (100% CPU usage during peak times down to 25-30% CPU usage during peak). Utilized methodologies such as memory dump analysis with WinDbg and Windows Diagnostics Tools, as well as JetBrains tools like dotTrace, dotPeek and dotMemory
- Lead AWS cloud infrastructure migration, implemented with .NET Core microservices deployed to AWS Elastic BeanStalk, using Redis for state management and Elasticsearch for logging and analytics (ELK stack)
- Lead for several head-office web applications such as M&M Offer Engine (M.O.E.), integrating with Erply and the AWS cloud infrastructure for deploying 4-6 million coupons per week
- Lead for the M&M mobile app implemented with Microsoft Xamarin
Lead, full-stack developer for ASAPP, an enterprise-scale web application for Credit Unions' retail & business applications, and administration. Development included integrating ASAPP with DNA solutions from Fiserv.
(Part-time contractor during school) contracted to urgently complete an important feature for a C# ASP.NET MVC project.
(Part-time contractor during school) contracted to migrate a PHP project to C# ASP.NET MVC.
Fixed bugs on large-scale ASP.NET projects, gaining meaningful experience with ASP.NET WebForms, ASP.NET MVC, and MS SQL Server.